Date(s) - 1212/1212/1515/1414/1212/1515
9:00 am - 5:15 pm
The City Pavilion
UpSkilling For Door Supervisors
SIA 2015 Refresher Course
Safety Awareness for Door Supervisors BOOK NOW!
UpSkilling For Door Supervisors Refresher training for Door Supervisors Level 2 Award in Upskilling SIA Door Supervisors Course (QCF) “This course is the NEW 2015 SIA Specification course” On 6/3/2012 the Security Industry Authority (SIA) announced they would be introducing regulations meaning that existing door supervisors, who have completed the pre-QCF Door Supervision qualifications (the old 2 unit qualification), would need to undertake additional training in order to renew their Door Supervisor licences.
THEQUALIFICATION WILL CHANGE TO A 2 DAY COURSE AS OF JAN 2015 TO COMPLY WITH SIA REGULATIONS.
This course is delivered over 2 Days and does require some self study, learning prior to the course (Normally 3 hours)
UpSkilling for Door Supervisors The qualification has been designed for door supervisors who achieved a door supervision licence before the current door supervision qualifications became available the SIA has announced that from February 2013, before these door supervisors can renew their licences, they will need to have completed a ‘top-up’ qualification In March 2012 the SIA announced the intention to require existing door supervisors who had achieved the pre-QCF Door Supervision qualification (for example the National Certificate for Door Supervision) to undertake additional training in order to renew their licence. This new accredited qualification is comprised of the following two mandatory units:
Physical Intervention Skills for the Private Security Industry (15 Guided Learning Hours, with a minimum of 12 hours contact time)
- Understand physical interventions and the implications of their use
- Understand how to reduce the risk of harm when physical intervention skills are used
- Be able to use non-aggressive physical skills to protect yourself and others
- Be able to use non-pain related standing, holding and escorting techniques, including non-restrictive and restrictive skills
- Understand good practice to follow after physical interventions
Safety Awareness for Door Supervisors is part of the UpSkilling For Door Supervisors unit of assessment has been developed to cover the following subjects within the security sector (3 Guided Learning Hours required, contact time 0.5 hours. However, the examination for this unit should be completed within the recommended guided learning hours)
- Understand counter terrorism issues relevant to a door supervisor.
- Know the role of a door supervisor when first aid situations occur in licensed premises.
- Know legislation and requirements regarding children and young people relevant to a door supervisor.
- Understand how a door supervisor can help to keep vulnerable people safe.
- Understand queue management and venue capacity responsibilities relevant to a door supervisor.
The Safety Awareness unit is effectively a distance learning unit which will take the form of a workbook. The candidate will complete the workbook in their own time prior to attending a 2-day Physical Intervention (PI) course. The candidate will also take the exam for the Safety Awareness unit on day one of the Physical Intervention training. After this you well cover the exam content and prepare for the paper based BIIAB exam of 25mins and 15 multi-choice questions UpSkilling For Door Supervisors
Bookings are closed for this event.