Who is the qualification for?
The BIIAB Level 2 Award in Cooking Theory and Practice is designed for anyone planning, preparing and/or cooking meals in a kitchen or catering environment; preferably with some kitchen experience and/or holding the BIIAB Level 1 Essentials in Catering Award (ECA ) or other related qualifications, such as basic food hygiene.
The course syllabus includes:
- Cooking methods and their effects on foods.
- Cooking meat and fish.
- Making soups, stocks and sauces.
- Cooking a variety of vegetables, beans and pulses.
- The presentation of cooked foods.
- Menu planning.
- Creating and maintaining an effective working environment.
- Vegetarian and gluten-free cooking.