Who is the qualification for?
The BIIAB Level 2 National Certificate for Licensees (Drugs Awareness) is designed to give licence holders, managers and team members a basic knowledge and understanding of the law pertaining to the misuse and supply of controlled drugs on licensed premises. It will provide them with operational guidelines to help them deal effectively with and prevent any drug related problems in their venues.
The course syllabus includes:
- General drug trends and who to approach for regional information
- Drugs legislation which may affect liquor licensed premises and public entertainment licensed premises under the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 and the Public Entertainments Licences (Drug Misuse) Act 1997
- The law and processes concerning revocation of a Justices’ licence or public entertainment licence in relation to drugs offences
- The need for a two-way exchange of information between the licensee and the licensing authorities
- Demonstration of drug problems peculiar to licensed premises according to location and type
- How to initiate a drug strategy (drug policy)
What does the assessment involve?
The course takes one day and is usually followed the same day by the assessment which takes the form of a short multiple choice examination.
- experienced tutors who have first hand experience of the licensed trade!
- easy to read, handbook, which is sent to you prior to the course
- relaxed, informal training a chance to ask questions in a comfortable environment and the tutor has time to answer them
- our package is fully inclusive, there are no hidden extras
- book today and we will dispatch your handbook and joining instructions within 24 hours