Designated premises supervisors course
The L3 Designated premises supervisors one day course, can be completed online over zoom
Who is the qualification for?
The Government considers it essential that Police Officers, Fire Officers or Officers of the Licensing Authority can identify immediately the Designated premises supervisors DPS as a person in a position of authority at any premises selling or supplying alcohol. This should have the positive outcome that any licensing problems arising at the premises can be dealt with swiftly by engaging with this key individual.
The responsibilities include :
Developing robust fit for purpose policies and procedures, staff training and development, ensuring the business continuity plan is effective and implemented
- pubs and bars
- hotels and restaurants
- off-licences, supermarkets and convenience stores
- sports and social clubs
- nightclubs and entertainment establishments and any other venue or site where alcohol is sold.
The course syllabus includes:
- the roles and responsibilities of the designated premises supervisor
- the licensable activities carried out in licensed premises
- the requirements of legislation and best practice to support the four licensing objectives
- how to conduct a risk assessment, and how it is used to underpin the operating schedule
- the relationship between the operating schedule and management controls.
- Understand good practice to follow after physical interventions
What does the assessment involve?
The Designated Premises Licence Supervisors course takes one day and includes a 30 min multi-choice online Covid 19 safe enviroment examination
How long is the training course, where can I take it, and how much will it cost?
Candidates should have achieved the BIIAB Level 2 APLH, or possess equivalent knowledge prior to taking the BIIAB Level 3 ADPS. The BIIAB Level 3 ADPS has been designed to be deliverable in one day (although longer tuition or self-study options are available) followed by a short multiple-choice examination. A comprehensive handbook presented in an easy-to-follow format supports the qualification and covers all the information needed for the examination Now delivered online over zoom tuition
The Designated premises supervisors one course cost £160, included are the tuition exam and certificationFurther information