Who is the qualification for?
BIIAB has developed the BIIAB Level 1 ARAR in response to industry-wide training requirements to demonstrate commitment to responsible alcohol retailing.
The award enables those who successfully pass to act within the law and to support the designated premises supervisor to retail alcohol responsibly on their licensed premises
The course syllabus includes:
- The nature of alcohol and the effect that it has on the human body.
- The main issues in the 2003 Licensing Act as they relate to alcohol retailers and servers.
- Licensing law in relation to the protection of children from harm.
- The social responsibilities relating to the retail sale of alcohol.
- How to recognise drunkenness, and your duty not to serve drunk customers.
- Appropriate strategies that can be adopted to prevent or eliminate alcohol-related crime and conflict and the importance of personal safety.
What does the assessment involve?
The BIIAB Level 1 Award in Responsible Alcohol Retailing is a one day course and provides additional protection to licensed premises operators and candidates alike as it contains 3 mandatory questions that ensure every candidate fully understands the legislation concerning underage sales, serving persons who are drunk and the licensing objectives.