Date(s) - 0101/0707/1717
8:45 am - 6:00 pm
The City Pavilion
Door Supervisors Course Romford
BIIAB Level 2 Award in Door Supervision is delivered over 40 hours, normally covering four days
The Level 2 Award in Door Supervision consists of four units
- Working in the Private Security Industry
- Working as a Door Supervisor
- Conflict Management for the Private Security Industry
- Physical Intervention Skills for the Private Security Industry
Under the Private Security Industry Authority Act 2001, all individuals wishing to work in the private security industry must undertake a recognised qualification before applying for a licence. After successfully completing the course and examinations, you can apply for an SIA licence
This door supervisors course can be run mid weeks as well as over two or four weekends
- Working within the Private Security IndustryThis unit will be assessed by an externally set and marked multiple choice question paper consisting of 40 questions. The examination will last for 60 minutes and learners will be required to correctly answer 28 of the 40 questions in order to pass
- Working as a Door Supervisor within the Private Security Industry Assessment of this unit will be by an externally set and marked multiple choice question paper containing 45 questions. The examination will last for 70 minutes and learners will be required to correctly answer 32 of the 45 questions in order to pass
- Conflict Management within the Private Security Industry This unit will be assessed by an externally set and marked multiple choice question paper containing a minimum of 20 questions. The examination will last for 30 minutes and learners will be required to correctly answer 14 of the 20 questions to pass.
- Physical Intervention Skills within the Private Security Industry This unit will be assessed by an externally set and internally marked practical assessment and an externally set, internally marked and externally verified knowledge assessment The practical assessment will be externally quality assured. Learners will be assessed performing each of the techniques taught. The tutor will only pass them when all of the techniques have been demonstrated satisfactorily. All of the assessment criteria must be passed
- The knowledge assessment (exams) will be externally set, internally marked and externally verified and will combine a mix of multiple choice and short answer questions. A learner must pass all of the assessment criteria in order to pass.
As part of the course we will assist you if required to apply for your licence avoiding unnecessary delays. gaining your SIA licence, looking for a good start in the security industry then this Door Supervisor training course is for you
- You can get a good paying job in a growing industry
- The Level 2 Award in Door Supervision is a nationally recognised qualification which will allow you to apply for a Door Supervisor SIA Licence.
- Door Supervisors can work in a wide variety of areas and licenced premises, pubs clubs hotels and festivals they can also work down a level as Security Guards also known as Manned Guarding.
Door Supervisors Course Chelmsford
The Units covered in the BIIAB Level 2 Award for Door Supervisors are:
UNIT 1: Working in the Private Security Industry
Aim: This unit is intended for people who want to work in the private security
industry and who require an SIA licence to practise. It covers those areas of
content that are common across different sub-sectors: door supervision,
security guarding, CCTV operations, vehicle immobilisation, and cash and valuables in transit.
The purpose and main features of the private security industry
The legislation that is relevant to people working in the private security
Relevant aspects of health and safety in the workplace
Application of fire safety principles
Dealing with non-fire-related workplace emergencies
The principles of effective communication and customer care in the private security industry
Door Supervisors Course Romford
Bookings are closed for this event.